Indice del forum

Ricicla Forum

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

keep backchecking.
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Parliamone
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
vv1122365

italy
MessaggioInviato: Lun Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am    Oggetto:  keep backchecking.
Descrizione: keep backchecking.

BEREA, Ohio -- Brian Hoyer spent a long, merciless winter in Cleveland rehabbing his right knee so hed be ready for the day he could run on the field again. Hes never worked harder at anything in his life. The Browns are his team, and have been since he was a little kid. And now that hes back -- not 100 per cent, but getting there -- the homegrown quarterback, whose promising 2013 season was cut short after only two starts by a serious injury, isnt about to let go of his dream of leading an NFL team without a fight. Cleveland can draft a franchise quarterback next week. Hoyer believes the Browns already have one. "I know how I feel about myself," he said. "I know how my teammates feel. Im trying to go out and prove it to these new coaches and all I can really ask for is a chance and I think Ill get that. Im going out there every day, and until someone tells me otherwise, I think Im the starter for this team." Six months after surgery on a torn anterior cruciate ligament, Hoyer participated in Clevelands first voluntary minicamp practice Tuesday to rave reviews. It was a significant step for the 28-year-old, who showed poise and potential in winning his first two starts before he was injured while sliding at the end of scramble against Buffalo. Hoyer was sharp during the portion of practice open to media members. He didnt show any limitations while making cuts, and displayed nice footwork while firing pinpoint passes. If not for the brace on his right knee, there would have been no evidence Hoyer had been hurt. Following the indoor workout, Hoyer was upbeat and somewhat relieved. "It was awesome," he said. "I felt really good, which was no surprise to me. I felt like I was prepared for this for a while. Its just good to play football again." Hoyer has been cleared to do individual work, but not take part in team drills. The Browns dont want to take any unnecessary risks with Hoyer. But that didnt stop him from pleading with new Browns coach Mike Pettine to let him jump behind centre during 11-on-11 drills. "He begged me to be able to jump in there for the team stuff and I had to play head coach for a minute and tell him no," Pettine said. "But again, thats the way he is. Thats the way hes made up, ultimate competitor, so I think he firmly believes that its his job." Hoyer spent three seasons sitting behind Tom Brady, then made one start during a year in Arizona before getting his shot last year with the Browns. Hes aware Cleveland could use the No. 4 overall pick next week on a quarterback. Theres a chance in a few weeks Hoyer could find himself competing with someone like Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel. How would he react? "Just be myself," he said. "I have to do what I do on a daily basis and work hard. Thats all I know how to do." Hoyer isnt the only quarterback trying to make an impression this week. Vince Young, who hasnt played in an NFL regular-season game since 2011, has three days to convince the Browns he can help them. The 30-year-old said hes motivated to resume a career after being sidetracked the past few seasons. "The fire is lit always," Young said. "One thing a lot of people dont know, I love this game so much." Young has been given no guarantees other than hell get a chance. He was with Green Bay late last summer, but got released. Young was reluctant to discuss why his pro career has stalled. "Im just happy to have the opportunity playing for a historic team, a respectful team," Young said. "Its a long history for the Browns. "Im just going to make the best of it." Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has admired Young for years. Gordons mom taught Young in elementary school and has looked up to the fellow Texan. From what Gordon can tell, Young isnt done yet. "Oh yeah," he said. "Hes still got it." NOTES: RB Dion Lewis, OL Chris Faulk, LB Quentin Groves and S Josh Aubrey were on the field after sustaining season-ending injuries in 2013. WR/KR Travis Benjamin is on schedule after undergoing knee surgery, but Pettine said the Browns will likely keep him out until training camp.
. For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal.
. Colorado came up big against Chicago last spring, and repeated that performance Tuesday night. Varlamov stopped 36 shots and Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche in a 5-1 victory over the Blackhawks.
. The Professional Referee Organization, which manages game officials for the U.S. Soccer Federation and MLS, notified the Professional Soccer Referee Association of the lockout and said replacement officials will be used.
. Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order.
. Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Colorado overcame the loss of one of its most physical players after he was ejected late in the first period on Friday. Gabriel Landeskog had a goal and two assists, Jean-Sebastien Giguere made 27 saves to set a franchise record with his sixth straight win to start a season, and the Colorado beat the Minnesota Wild 3-1 on Friday. Jan Hejda and Nathan MacKinnon also scored for the Avs, who won for the fourth time in their past five games. "When you play well against the division, those are the points that are really going to matter in the end," Landeskog said. "Minnesotas been playing well lately, so for us to come in here and have the type of road game we did today, from start to finish, it builds our confidence for sure." Dany Heatley scored his fourth goal in six games for Minnesota and Zach Parise returned ahead of schedule from a foot injury. Parise -- Minnesotas leading scorer -- was supposed to be out 2 to 3 weeks after blocking a shot with his left foot on Monday, but skated during warmups and felt good enough to play. Despite Parises comeback, the Wild lost their third straight. After the game, Parise said his foot felt fine, but he wasnt happy with his teams play. "Played a soft hockey game. We turn the puck over," he said. "And once we started doing it right in the third period, we started getting some chances. "But we turn it over, we turn away from everybody, we make it pretty easy for them, and that slows us down. All of a sudden, we cant get any speed generated because we keep backchecking." Colorado scored on its first shot of the game when Hejdas shot from just inside the blue line sailed through traffic and past goalie Josh Harding at 3:45. Nobody else scored in the first, but Avs winger Cody McLeod was ejected after riding Jonas Brodin into the boards from behind and drawing a game misconduct. The Wild managed only one shot on the ensuing five-minute power play and fell behind 2-0 when MacKinnon tipped Landeskogs shot past Harding at 4:34 of the second. "We didnt give them much, and it was greaat to kill that one because obviously it couldve gone in their favour at some moment if they would score," Avs coach Patrick Roy said.dddddddddddd Clinging to a one-goal lead, Colorado was outshot 16-5 in the final period, but held on thanks to a couple of key saves from Giguere. The goalie known as "Jiggy" turned away a prime scoring attempt from Keith Ballard from right in front of the net with 3 minutes left in the game. "We were expecting a push from them, and I thought they did a good job putting pucks to the net, but overall we didnt make too many big mistakes that would cost us a goal or the game," Giguere said. "Overall we should be pretty happy with a big road game." Landeskog scored into an empty net with 20 seconds to play. Minnesota and Colorado have developed a rivalry after meeting twice in the first round of the playoffs and playing each other for 12 seasons in the now-defunct Northwest Division. Fridays game was the first of five meetings this season between the two teams in the new Central Division. These two teams meet again on Saturday night in Colorado. Wild coach Mike Yeo said if his team wants a different result, it needs to get back to what it was doing earlier in the season. "It seems to take us a 2-0 deficit right now to find the urgency to be effective in the game," he said. "We seem to think that were pretty good and we dont need to do some of the things that brought us success, some of the things that we need to do to be successful. Hopefully were taking a lesson, were taking notes." NOTES: Former University of Minnesota star Erik Haula had an assist in his NHL debut for the Wild after being recalled from AHL Iowa. ... Colorados Paul Stastny missed his second consecutive game with back spasms. ... Wild centre Zenon Konopka left in the first period and didnt return after taking a puck to the left eye. Yeo said after the game that Konopka will not play Saturday. ... Minnesota designated forward Mike Rupp for non-roster status for personal reasons. ... Hejdas goal was his first since Oct. 27.
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Lun Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Parliamone Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: