Indice del forum

Ricicla Forum

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

Reggie Abercrombie
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Parlate con noi
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
vv1122365

italy
MessaggioInviato: Ven Feb 01, 2019 2:34 am    Oggetto:  Reggie Abercrombie
Descrizione: Reggie Abercrombie

ST. LOUIS -- Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright says his elbow injury is not serious. He could miss a start to allow the tendinitis to calm down. "Im OK, I really am," Wainwright said Friday. "I know that in this business when the word elbow gets thrown around people think the worst, but in actuality and in all honest to goodness truth, the only reason we did an MRI at all was to see how to treat it better, to see exactly which spot was dinged up." General manager John Mozeliak said the team would have a better idea of its next move after Wainwright plays catch on Saturday. The right-hander was a 19-game winner last year and won 20 games in 2010. "I think the best way to think about this now is its a long season and certainly you dont want to put the season in jeopardy for one start," Mozeliak said. "I certainly know where were leaning, but Id like to see how he responds tomorrow." Wainwright is tied for the National League lead in wins at 9-3 with a 2.15 ERA. He had an injection on Wednesday after an MRI exam pinpointed the trouble area in the back of his elbow. "If I have to miss a start once every three years without going on the DL, I think thats an OK thing," Wainwright said. "I could pitch through this, theres no doubt, without seeing doctors, without getting a shot. Thats not the smart play, lets get this treated, lets get this knocked out." Wainwright, who missed the 2011 season after undergoing elbow reconstruction surgery, said the sole reason for the MRI was to aid in rehab efforts. Wainwright sought to calm fans, saying the elbow was fine and the tendon was "thick as an oak tree and strong as can be." Both the team and pitcher kept open the possibility Wainwright could stay on his turn and pitch Monday against the Mets, but all agreed a little rest would be beneficial. Wainwright was second in the NL with 100 1-3 innings. He said the elbow began bothering him the last two starts.
. - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance.
. -- The Minnesota Twins have granted relief pitcher Matt Guerrier his unconditional release, making the 35-year-old right-hander a free agent.
.com) - Thursday marks the official debut of a new dirt racing surface at Meydan Racecourse.
. The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
.com Tours Nova Scotia Open. The 27-year-old Sloan, a former Texas-El Paso player from Calgary matched first-round leader Rodriguez at 10-under 132 on Ashburn Golf Clubs New Course.The Winnipeg Goldeyes had a bounce back game on Tuesday night against the Laredo Lemurs. After dropping their Monday evening series opener, the Goldeyes were able to get their bats going early in the Tuesday night matchup to even the series at one game apiece. The Goldeyes (4-2) beat the Lemurs (3-3) by six, winning 7-1 in front of 3,919 fans at Uni-Trade Stadium in Laredo, Texas. For the fifth time in six games the Fish opened the scoring. After Jake Blackwood got on base in the top of the first, Ray Sadler hit a two run jack to bring them both home. Reggie Abercrombie then stepped to the batters box and followed up Sadler with a home run of his own. The Goldeyes led 3-0 early. "Its always nice when you can jump up on the board quickly," Goldeyes Pitching Coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 Post-Game Show, "it takes the pressure off your starter, and lets him just go out there and throw strikes." Winnipeg extended their lead in the third inning after having been retired in order in the second. Blackwood got on base and eventually came home on a single by Josh Mazzola. Abercrombie also got aboard with a single and theen was brought home on a sac fly from Donnie Webb.dddddddddddd After giving the Lemurs their lone run in the bottom of the fifth, the Goldeyes collected one more run in each of the seventh and eighth innings to reestablish and extend their lead. The offensive leader for the Fish was once again Sadler. He got two hits on five at-bats, and recorded three RBI, including his first inning home run. Kyle Anderson, who had his first start for the Goldeyes, recorded the win. He pitched five and a third innings, only giving up one run on seven hits. "He kept his pitch count down," said Vermilyea of Anderson. "That was big, it meant he was able to get to the sixth inning for us." In relief for the Goldeyes, Taylor Sewitt, Chris Kissock and Brendan Lafferty collectively didnt give up a run, and only allowed four hits between the three of them. The Goldeyes defence was also productive recording three double plays and no errors. "Its nice to be able to forget about what happened yesterday, and just come out strong," said Vermilyea. "This gives us a chance tomorrow to take two out of three games."
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Ven Feb 01, 2019 2:34 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Parlate con noi Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: